Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 1

As an architecture student, I had a field trip to Yesterday City of Malaysia we called Malacca. I used to went there with my family whenever the year is good. There were so much awesome memories in this place when I was a kid. But now, half of the city has been commercialized a lot: high-rise buildings, shopping complexes, hotels and almost nothing here could be proud of as a Malaysian myself.

Anyway, I don't want to start talking about those stuffs because this blog has nothing to do with...those. This field trip was for our project, in which we need to make a full documentation and report of a chosen heritage building in group (obviously). This includes the full measurement of the whole parts of the building such as the ceilings, the walls, the doors, the windows and the permanent ornaments. Our heritage building is a very old Chinese residential two-storey house in Jonker Street.

When we (me and my coursemates) reached to Malacca, we went straight to the house instead of checking-in our hotel rooms the lecturer already provided. It was a hot weather in the city, by the way. So, those without hats would sweat a lot and are blinded by the ray of the sun. After the bus stop at this place I'd like to called "Our Bus Stop" (picture on the upper left), we had to walk to the house. The streets were crowded with tourists from both locals and overseas, and a lot of souvenir street shops....and trishaws too.

This place has always been filled with overly decorated trishaws (though, I had to admit most of the decorations were pretty impressive and beautiful....like this picture on the bottom left). Anyway, as we arrived and entered the house, I knew I wasn't the only one who smelled the scent of a burning incense, even when we went further into the house. But later in time, the scent would soon go away. Besides, it wasn't as bad as breathing in cigarette smokes.

We went for lunch after visiting the house and it was very expensively good. It wasn't the best meal but I guess it's worth it. Then, we went to the hotel for check-in, put our luggages in our hotel room and prepare all the important tools for the measuring and documenting.

I was still tired since this morning but I had some laughs with my friends (who mostly I don't know their names). I also had sadness feeling a few times. The reasons were that I became too anti-social with my friends, I couldn't talk to girls very well, I got a bit jealous when guys made my friend (who is a girl) who I had a love affection with laughed very happily, and I missed talking with my beautiful friends online (especially her...).

After for Day 1 work, we could go back to the hotel or just wandering around the flee night market. They did say that the bus will come again at 7 o'clock in the evening, so I went into the crowded market, alone. A few hours later, I noticed I was pretty lost in this big town full of heritage buildings and I couldn't even remember the name of the hotel. Luckily, my friend who I had an affection with helped me a little. I took her advise and take a taxi to the hotel. Unfortunately, I hadn't had dinner yet so I was gonna sleep with a growling worm monster in my stomach *laughs*.

No comments:

Post a Comment